Is Your Business READY?
An estimated 50% of businesses that close due to a disaster, such as fire and flood never reopen.
SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown has worked with many businesses in the area to ensure they are prepared for any emergency.
Fires happen a lot in retail stores and other mercantile properties such as grocery stores beauty and barbershops.
Those fires caused millions of dollars in property damage. Fire damage is worse during off hours vs business hours.
If is common for small businesses to home have a formal emergency response plan because they feel the possibility of a fire is low.
No Plan Means You're Less Likely to Recover
It can make it close to impossible to recover from a disaster if a business is not proactive. The amount of money it takes to restore a small business is costly and the amount of money lost while the business is closed.
Tips For Creating a Successful Emergency Ready Plan
- Let the professionals help you. Work with an emergency restoration company for assistance in creating your emergency ready profile.
- Identify and label utility shut-off locations.
- Identify local utility contact information.
- Identify local emergency contact information such as fire, police, and hospital contacts.
- Establish main internal contacts for purposes of employee safety and emergency work authorization.
The SERVPRO® Ready Plan is a tool for property managers and owners, both residential and commercial. It allows for the creation of an Emergency READY Profile.
Please contact one our Business Development Representative here at SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown to setup your free Emergency Ready Profile today (856) 728-7350