Tips and Practices
It's impossible to prevent storms from occurring but you can control how you keep your property. Ensuring your property is kept in the best possible condition by adhering to these tips and practices, you will have some solid peace of mind.
- Never store items next to heaters or any open flame.
- Check your fire extinguisher every year.
- Inspect and clean fireplace chimney regularly.
- Do not overload extension cords/outlets.
- Check smoke detector batteries yearly
- Inspect and clean furnace every year.
- Check washing machine hoses and dryer vents.
- Turn off water when going on vacation.
- Turn off all outside water in the winter.
- Do not put water on a grease fire, instead use a lid or flour to prevent further damage.
SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown can help you in your time of need. We're just a phone call away (856) 728-7350 and can give you the peace of mind that is needed in a time of a crisis situation.