Prepare Your Homes for Winter Storms
It's that time of the year again and we here at SERVPRO of Berlin / Williamstown want you n your homes to be prepared for the brutal cold of winter storms. It is not something anyone looks forward to but it is best to be prepared.
Follow these tips recommended by www.ready.gov/winter-weather to prepare yourself and your home for winter.
Before Snowstorms and Extreme Cold
- Make a family communication plan. Your family may not be together when disaster strikes, so it is important to know how you will contact one another, how you will get back together and what you will do in case of an emergency.
- Make an emergency kit for at least three days of self-sufficiency.
- Keep space heater safety in mind: Use electric space heaters with automatic shut-off switches and non-glowing elements. Remember to keep all heat sources at least three feet away from furniture and drapes.
Prepare You Home
- Make sure your home is well insulated and that you have weather stripping around your doors and window sills to keep the warm air inside.
- Make sure you have a working carbon monoxide detector.
- Keep fire extinguishers on hand, and make sure everyone in your house knows how to use them. House fires pose an additional risk, as more people turn to alternate heating sources without taking the necessary safety precautions.
- Learn how to shut off water valves (in case a pipe bursts).
- Insulate your home by installing storm windows or covering windows with plastic from the inside to keep cold air out.
- If you have a wood burning fireplace, consider storing wood to keep you warm if winter weather knocks out your heat. Also, make sure you have your chimney cleaned and inspected every year.
- Have at least one of the following heat sources in case the power goes out:
- Extra blankets, sleeping bags and warm winter coats
- Fireplace or wood-burning stove with plenty of dry firewood, or a gas log fireplace
- Make sure you have a cell phone with an emergency charging option (car, solar, hand crank, etc.) in case of a power failure.
- Plan to bring pets inside.
- Know where the manual release lever of your electric garage door opener is located and how to operate it in case you lose power.
Follow these recommended tips and you will be prepared for those cold winters’ days. If you are ever in need for storm damages please be prepared and save our number in your phones now SERVPRO of Berlin / Williamstown (856) 728-7350 we are here 24/7.
How Storm Damage Restoration Professionals Can Help You
If you're dealing with storm damage it is imperative to get professional assistance as soon as possible. You need to act fast and hire a restoration company that has a well established history of providing excellent service to home and business owners. SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown is that team that strives to make your damage “like it never even happen.”
Storms can cause rain, wind, hail, ice, and snow which can damage properties in many ways. These damages can result in huge repair cost if the proper team is not restoring the loss. Our team cares about what you have been through and ensuring you get professional service.
Don’t let a storm damper you day call SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown at (856) 728-7350.
Water Damage Process
Here at SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown we strive to provide excellent communication and prompt service to our customers. When we receive notification of damage to a customer’s home or business we understand they may be distressed and unsure of the mitigation process that is about to unfold. Below is a bird’s eye view of the process that we follow for water damages.
Within one hour from notice of loss; SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown will contact you to arrange for service. During this call our trained office staff will ask important questions regarding your damage, insurance information and any additional contact information that is needed.
Within four hours of loss notification; SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown trained technicians will be on-site to start mitigation services. The key to reducing damage and saving money is responding quickly to your damage.
A trained, uniformed and equipped SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown professional will walk you through the job process step-by-step, explaining what to expect and the anticipated outcome. All damages are different and our on-site personnel will ensure that you are aware of each aspect of your damage.
A SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown professional will begin pretesting for restorability, working from the source of the damage outward. Water travels through different materials at different speeds. What might look like a small damage could have moved to another portion of the home via the materials that are wet.
Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate individual, most times your insurance adjuster or property manager.
Cleaning & Restoration:
SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown will work neatly and efficiently to help you regain control of your property when a damaging event has occurred. Our certified teams will use state-of-the-art restoration techniques to ensure that your property is taken care of right the first time.
After the work has been completed, a final walk-through will be conducted with you to help ensure your satisfaction.
If you are ever in need of our services be prepared by saving our information now SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown (856) 728-7350. We are here to make your stressful situation “like it never even happened.”
Why SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown
SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown is a South Jersey Franchise owned and operated by Jim Gibbs with 15 years of Leadership in Cleanup and Restoration. Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry, homeowners, and businesses. Our business is part of a franchise system that has been helping make fire, water, and mold damage "Like it never even happened." This was proven back during Hurricane Sandy, where our team of over 100 professional office employees, crew chiefs, and production personnel worked around the clock for months until every single customer was satisfied. We continue to service every job-large or small-as if it's the most important job on our job schedule.
Wherever there is a house or business full of water, smoke, or mold you can count on us to respond to all of your needs quickly. Take your phone right now and save SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown (856)7287350 so you are prepared if you ever need our help.
Wondering Why SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown
Are wondering why you should choose SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown for you water mitigation needs?
- Our technicians are highly trained in water mitigation. They are required to be WRT (Water Damage Restoration) by the IICRC and trained by in the SERVPRO Employment Certification Training Program (ECTP).
- They have experience and have access to the equipment and skills that are requisite for a proper restoration.
- We ensure that the SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown have their technician safety and health certifications up to date, as well as their specialized training. Our technicians have been trained formally in schools approved by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification.
- SERVPRO of SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown work may be done in a commercial or residential location.
- It is important to us to make your stressful situation "Like it never even happened."
6 Reasons to choose SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown
- 24-Hour Emergency Response
Timely mitigation is key to controlling damage, downtime and recovery costs.
You’ll know what’s happening every step of the way. From the first telephone call within the first hour following damage notification, until the job is complete, SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown professionals are dedicated to effective communication with property owners. You will be aware of job status and the progress towards project completion.
Jobs are documented with itemized estimates, digital photographs, signed work authorization forms and reports. SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown professionals, utilizing technology developed for documenting insurance claims, electronically collect and store project information which is accessible to you via secure email link 24-hours. Upon project completion, a signed customer satisfaction form is the final piece of information entered into the file.
- Reduce Recovery Time
When fire, water or mold damage strikes a commercial or residential facility, it has a negative impact. Even small fire or water damages must be addressed quickly in order to limit secondary.
Your SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown professionals understand the urgency in responding to your properties disaster. By arriving quickly mitigation damage to the structure and contents, and providing effective cleanup and restoration services, SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown will make it "Like it never even happened."
- Lower Recovery Cost
- Emergency Mitigation Services Help Minimize Secondary Damages.
SERVPRO’s 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines help to ensure timely communication and response. Quick and accurate response can minimize loss expense from secondary damages.
- Proper Restoration Versus Replacement of Contents is Less Expensive.
We strive to restore items to preloss condition. This helps lower mitigation and restoration cost while allowing treasure belongings to be salvaged when possible.
- Faster Recovery Lessens Loss.
We are nearby, ready to respond quickly. The faster restoration begins, the quicker our customers can return to there home or business.
- Pre-Approved Pricing and Procedures
Our team will work neatly and efficiently to help you regain control of your property when a damaging event has taken over. We will use state-of-the-art restoration techniques to help ensure the property is taken care of right the first time.
- Full line of Services
Utilizing the right equipment and supplies, we can handle all of your cleanup needs, such as fire, water and mold restoration services;
- A National Leader in Storm Response… Help When You Need It Most!
In the event of a major catastrophe, the SERVPRO system has a nationwide Large Loss Response Team comprised of trained and equipped professionals capable of responding to your facility. While most systems have a waiting list, you get priority service with SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown. Call today to find out how at (856) 728 -7350
Deep Freeze causes wide spread pipe breaks
Talk about going above and beyond-we at SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown were hit with a deep freeze that lasted 12 consecutive days at 10 degrees and lower! We brought on four extra Crews,additional people in our office,and more maintenance workers to keep our equipment up and running. Needless to say,the Crew's in the field worked 12 to 16 hour days,and our office staff did 12 hour days. To say it was seamless would be telling a tale,but we really showed what teamwork is all about during this crisis. We were running 50 to 60 jobs,and everyone pitched in and went the extra mile not seen since Hurricane Sandy. We proved to our customers and to ourselves that we can handle any load of work,regardless of the circumstances.
Call us for your emergency and we will respond!
Commercial Duct Cleaning
Commercial Duct Cleaner
If you were to ask a homeowner or business owner when was the last time you had your HVAC and Duct Systems cleaned ,they would probably say they don't remember or I don't think I ever had or needed to. That's a very common reply, and most people don't realize the health hazard that they are at risk with. Dirty ductwork can contribute to allergies kicking up, headaches, and debris building in your home---without you realizing the source of these problems.We at SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown will do a free inspection to determine the severity of your system, and take you through each step to ensure that we will complete the task in a most professional manner. Our workmanship is excellent and our reputation is superb in this and other areas.You will breathe clean and fresh air when we are done all over again.
Call us today at 609-383-9785
Water Damage Restoration
Water damage can pose a very serious threat to your home.Whether the problem is a leaky roof, burst pipe, or a flooded basement, it's important to take care of the issue as soon as possible to prevent the serious water damage that can occur.We at SERVPRO of BERLIN/WILLIAMSTOWN are ready,willing and able to help! More damage can be done to your home the longer you wait,so call as soon as it occurs. The materials used to build your home can absorb lots of water and will eventually result in more serious damage. Standing water will adversely affect your furniture, upholstery, drywall and cabinetry, so it's critical that you act fast so that the problem can be taken care of as cost effectively as possible.
Please call us today with any water problems.
Need Emergency Service Damage Help?
SERVPRO of BERLIN/WILLIAMSTOWN provides 24 hour water damage restoration service throughout the region.Flooding and water emergencies don't wait for regular business hours and neither do we.We provide emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day,7 days a week-including all Holidays.
Faster to Any Size Disaster---
Flooding and Water damage is very invasive.Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of BERLIN/WILLIAMSTOWN arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This fast response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration cost.
We never miss a call and a live operator will answer your emergency right away.
We are faster to your city.Please call today at