Thunderstorms in South Jersey
Downpour in Berlin, NJ
Lately our area has been getting hit by some strong thunderstorms. These storms come with heavy rain, strong winds, and occasional tornado warnings. Due to the severity of these storms many local residents in Berlin, Williamstown, Atco, and Sicklerville areas are experiencing flooding and water damage to their properties.
Water damage is not something that needs to be dealt with alone. SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown has a team that is fully equipped to handle any size and type of water damage that may occur at your property. We are available 24 hours and 7 days a week so you can call us when the problem hits.
Give us a call today at (856) 728-7350 and let us schedule a time to come check out your properties water damage.
Are Wondering Why YOU Should Call Us
Are you wondering why you should choose SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown for you water mitigation needs?
- Our technicians are highly trained in water mitigation. They are required to be WRT (Water Damage Restoration) by the IICRC and trained by in the SERVPRO Employment Certification Training Program (ECTP).
- They have experience and have access to the equipment and skills that are requisite for a proper restoration.
- We ensure that the SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown have their technician safety and health certifications up to date, as well as their specialized training. Our technicians have been trained formally in schools approved by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification.
- SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown work may be done in a commercial or residential location.
It is important to us to make your stressful situation "Like it never even happened."
Let US Work Closely with Your Insurance Provider
When it comes to customer service, we make continual efforts to make sure that not only you are satisfied but all parties involved are happy with the services we provide. We stay in constant contact with your insurance adjuster, agent and carrier to make sure all parties involved are informed with the services we provide and the progress that is made during the claim. This is paramount to us!
A perfectly satisfied customer is a repeat customer! The relationships that are forged by premier customer service provided to each and every home owner, business owner and insurance agent mean so much to us. It only takes one bad job to cancel out a thousand "great outcomes." We strive to make sure that doesn't happen. Chose SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown for you clean up today (856)728-7350.
What To Do After Fire Damage?
Fire Damage Restoration is a very sensitive job that is best left to professionals. After an accident happens it’s very important to have a Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration plan to be able to overcome any issues.
When smoked and fire arises the most complicated and matters is the by-products of such scenes that are usually classified as bio -hazardous materials, and they require special handling that ordinary people are usually not knowledgeable in.
But what to do and not to do after a Fire?
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Fire damage can be devastating for you and your family. Feelings of confusion and stress are common, and you need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis. We always treat your family with the greatest empathy and respect, and we’ll treat your property with great care.
Every fire damage event is a little different, and requires a unique solution. At SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown we clean and restore your property using specialized equipment and cleaning techniques. Our “restore first” mentality reduces interruption and gets you back to your life.
Have Questions About Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us at 856-728-7350
Wood Stove and Fireplace Safety Tips
Nothing beats curling up in front of a warm fire, but there are some risks to watch out for. Here's a few tips for you to rest easy and enjoy during this winter season.
- Be sure to have a professional inspection every year. The biggest risk of an uncleaned chimney flue is creosote, a highly flammable residue.
- Your wood stove should be the right size for the space you intend to heat. Inconsistent temperatures can cause problems ranging from poor fuel efficiency to fire risks. Use a stovepipe thermometer to check the temperature for safety.
- Never leave a fire unattended and use a fire screen.
- Make sure smoke detectors are working.
- Keep a fire extinguisher close at hand, and teach everyone in the family how to use it.
Have a warm, cozy, and safe winter!
Process of Fire Restoration in Berlin
We received a call on a Friday at five o'clock just as the weekend was about to commence, and our sales rep happened to be in the area. Needless to say, when he arrived, the homeowner was both happy and relieved to see him. We had a crew arrive within an hour, and they proceeded to board up the windows, and remove items from the damaged second floor to the first floor that was not damaged.
The next day, Saturday, we met with the adjuster, and where able to start the demolition work, set up equipment, and started the pack out process to put the items in a pod that we had placed that Saturday morning. We continued the process through the week, and the homeowner was thrilled with the end results. We at SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown made the experience a pleasant one, considering the loss that had occurred.
Discover The Cause of Mold
Mold is naturally occurring in the environment, but it doesn't belong in your home. Get a mold assessment to uncover the source of the moisture that is causing the mold. We can help you with this process. We are professional mold remediation specialists and can assist by taking the steps to find mold in your ceilings, walls, floors or any other surface. We will uncover the source of the mold and seal it off until the moisture problem is solved. By doing this, you won't simply continue to treat the surface problem-you will eliminate the continued growth of mold.
Review your insurance to make sure you are covered for mold remediation. Document all possessions, take photos, keep all receipts for mold services you paid for, as this will help support an insurance claim.
SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown has a great office team that will direct you with the steps. Call us today (856) 728-7350
Health Risks of Mold
According to the Centers For Disease Control, mold presents a significant health risk, especially after a hurricane or flood event. Symptoms to watch for are headache, cough, congestion, nausea and lung infections. Persons with weakened immune systems, asthma and allergies are particularly affected by mold.
Controlling moisture and humidity in your home will help prevent the growth of mold and keep you healthy. This will save money, avoid damage to your home and furnishings, and protect you and your family. Taking steps such as installing fans in the bathroom and kitchen, keeping air conditioned, and cleaning ductwork will help remove the conditions that can lead to mold.
At SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown,we can handle all of these services, so please call today (856) 728-7350 and we'll be at your home at your convenience.
Let Us Handle Your Storm Worries
SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown will go the extra mile to handle your flood disaster from start to finish. As soon as the storm has ended, we will be ready for when you call. The longer you wait to call, the more damage will occur. Your health and safety is paramount, as well as the home's structure.
The Bottom Line
A flooded home can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home's integrity. It's worth making a call to SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We're available 24 hours a day, and we are preferred vendors to many National Insurance Companies. And-we will bill your insurance directly-one less thing for you to worry about.
Call today (856) 728-7350
Tips and Practices
It's impossible to prevent storms from occurring but you can control how you keep your property. Ensuring your property is kept in the best possible condition by adhering to these tips and practices, you will have some solid peace of mind.
- Never store items next to heaters or any open flame.
- Check your fire extinguisher every year.
- Inspect and clean fireplace chimney regularly.
- Do not overload extension cords/outlets.
- Check smoke detector batteries yearly
- Inspect and clean furnace every year.
- Check washing machine hoses and dryer vents.
- Turn off water when going on vacation.
- Turn off all outside water in the winter.
- Do not put water on a grease fire, instead use a lid or flour to prevent further damage.
SERVPRO of Berlin/Williamstown can help you in your time of need. We're just a phone call away (856) 728-7350 and can give you the peace of mind that is needed in a time of a crisis situation.